An impressive fortified complex situated on a steep cliff. It is located on a steep ridge at 564 m s.l.m. height which allows a panoramic view of the surrounding valleys. The pictures are showing just a small part of the various rooms present inside the castle.
Rare example of a workshop for the production of natural cement, remained almost intact. The massive complex was built and modified by Fratelli Pesenti, between 1883 and 1966, The same years the furnace has been shut off
The story of this villa goes through centuries of life in Lessona. It begins in the year 1794, when it was built by brothers Dionisio and Felice Beglia with the hiring of laborers among the Lessona peasants who, coming from harsh times of oppression due to wars and famine, found a way to recover from their misery thanks to their employment in the building of the mansion, and it ends soon after World War II, when the villa became home to groups of evacuees from Istria.
In the years in between, a multitude of events followed one another, starting from the fall into disgrace of its construction supervisor, the last of the Barozzi barons, passing through the golden years of the Lessona grape growing whose largest winery was the “Fattoria Beglia”, up until the sequence of events occurred to the Municipality of Lessona and the socio-political turmoil involving the Farmers Leagues and the Socialist Party which characterized the first decades of 20th century.
During the 19th century the house, later called Villa Corinna, not only was a country mansion but also and mainly a great farm giving work to dozens of peasants and farmers. The Villa Corinna vineyards produced record grape harvests: To mention one, in 1900 the harvest amounted to 123.500 pounds!